Kal has over forty years of experience providing accounting, tax, and business consulting services for business owners in many industries, including real estate, distribution, professional services, manufacturing, and others.
As one of the original founding directors, Kal helped establish Ostrow Reisin Berk & Abrams, Ltd. in 1977. Prior to that, he was a partner and staff associate with the national firm of Laventhol & Horwath (L&H) for seven years and with Miller, Mandell & Company for six years.
Kal specializes in identifying strategies that benefit business owners, finding ways to preserve their funds and making sure they are in the most advantageous tax position possible.
What most differentiates Kal, and the accounting firm he helped found, is the continual focus on clients and being responsive to their needs. Along with tenaciously fighting to help clients keep the most money in their pocket, he believes personalized service is why people remain loyal to him and ORBA.
Kal’s focus on being readily available and in constant communication with his clients ensures he’s delivering the best advice at each stage of their personal and businesses’ lives. His experience also enables him to plan for the different possible scenarios his client’s might not be able to predict.
Kal’s experience and technical abilities have been sought after to benefit others in his field. He has lectured on accounting and auditing at Roosevelt University, and he has been a discussion leader at various Illinois CPA Society seminars.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS)
- Former chairman of the ICPAS Ethics Committee
- Former board member and chairman of the Audit Committee of the Community Bank of Ravenswood
- Former board member for Westbank/Will County/Joliet, Illinois
- Former board member for Water Tower Bank, Chicago, Illinois
- Former board member of Argosy University and chairman of the Audit Committee
- Former board member and president of the Hillel Torah North Suburban Day School
- Former chairman of the Accountant's Division of the Jewish United Fund
- Member of CARE committee of the Jewish United Fund
- Former board member of the Associated Talmud Torahs
- Board member and former treasurer of Congregation K.I.N.S.
- B.A. in Business Administration from Roosevelt University
When not exercising three or four times a week, Kal enjoys volunteering at his synagogue and traveling. His travels have taken him and his wife to cosmopolitan areas throughout Europe, South America and the Middle East. But traveling for them is always best when they are heading out to see their nine grandchildren.