Mark has been with Ostrow Reisin Berk & Abrams, Ltd., since 1980, and became a director in 1991. His career has been focused on providing financial and business advisory services for a variety of industries, including manufacturers, distributors and various service organizations. For these clients, he provides guidance on a full-range of services, including audits, reviews and compilations, strategic management and income tax planning.
Mark has extensive experience with buy/sell situations and has helped clients plan for, and complete, their sales transactions. He also provides clients with consulting, planning and compliance services for their retirement plans, maximizing the goals of each organization. Mark has published articles on activity-based costing and led seminars covering several costing topics. He has been involved in various litigation support and insurance loss engagements. He has also led the firm’s Employee Retirement Plan audit group.
Mark enables his clients to manage their businesses more effectively by helping them see both across the organization and into it. He can assist clients in reviewing product profitability, evaluating existing inventory levels and establishing more efficient buying guidelines and obtaining available funding from state and local organizations. He can also help review or set-up costing models by product and/or product lines, as well as develop proper systems of internal controls for their financial functions. In addition, he assists many clients with the implementation of their financial/accounting software packages.
As ORBA’s managing director, he oversees the firm’s vision, strategy, growth and overall performance. Mark is also focused on maintaining the firm’s strong team organizational structure that enables everyone to bring the best practices to each client engagement. He ensures the firm’s environment fosters collaboration, cooperation and development enhancing client value and building strong relationships.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society
- Former Chairperson of ICPAS Committee on Manufacturing
- Former member of the ICPAS Accounting Principles Committee
- Illinois Manufacturer's Association
- American Production and Inventory Control Society
- BKR Manufacturing Committee
- Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center firm leader
- Financial advisor/board member for several not-for-profit organizations.
- Former member of the Executive Committee of Accountants' Division for the Jewish United Fund
- B.S. in Accounting from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana
Mark is exposed to growth outside of work too. His wife and three children enjoy taking adventure vacations that expose them to multisport activities. Vacations are also built out of following his children’s competitive sporting activities.