Full-time, entry-level staff accountants have the opportunity to get involved with audit and accounting services, as well as tax planning, tax return preparation and business consulting. Training is predominantly on-the-job with close supervision, constant feedback, and some classroom-type instruction. The individual will be working closely with all partners and staff, and will have direct contact with clients in various industries.
Specifically, the major duties and responsibilities of an entry level staff person include:
- performing audit procedures and compliance testing;
- preparing workpapers and reconciliations on review and compilation engagements;
- preparing accounting records; gathering, organizing and analyzing data; and preparing income tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts, estates, non-profit organizations and retirement plans;
- preparing payroll tax and sales tax returns;
- assisting in special consulting projects, such as valuations, litigation support, computer systems, forecasts and projections, estate and financial planning, and general business consulting.
Students should be aspiring CPAs with a degree in accounting and possess a general business knowledge. Candidates should have good oral and written communication skills, be detail minded, and have good analytical ability and judgment. Salary is market-based with overtime, and includes competitive benefits, annual reviews, and potential merit increases. We offer tremendous growth opportunities in a diverse and less structured working environment.