James G. Quaid, CPA
“We understand that our clients need to provide services with limited resources. We are there to position them to succeed as they move forward.”
Jim is Co-Chair of ORBA's Not-For-Profit Group and his experience includes providing auditing, accounting and tax services for not-for-profit organizations, including social service agencies, charter schools, associations, foundations, and civic and cultural organizations.
Jim’s experience enables him to advise his not-for-profit clients about new funding streams, the best course when looking to provide a new service or program, and effective ways to undertake strategic or operational changes.
Throughout his career, Jim has helped his clients address the needs of their various stakeholders, whether for an organization’s board, staff, donors, recipients, members, governmental or oversight agencies and the public at large.
Jim is also a frequent speaker on various subjects and is actively involved with various committees and associations dedicated to the not-for-profit industry.
Outside of the Office
Jim is very involved with a number of civic and educational organizations. With three children, he and his wife also spend much of their free time at swim meets, hockey games, cheer competitions and Irish dance shows. The Quaid family also likes to enjoy various cultural institutions and attractions in and around Chicago. Jim also enjoys coaching and just finished his third year coaching his youngest daughter’s recreational softball team.
Jim was profiled in the Fall 2016 edition of Accounting, the magazine of the Department of Accounting of the College of Business Administration at Marquette University. The Q&A feature showcased Jim’s interests outside of the office, the influential people in his life, and his special memory of attending Marquette University. The full article is available at this link, while the full issue of the Fall 2016 edition of Accounting can be accessed here.
- Accounting Advisory Board, Marquette University
Seminars & Events
- Understanding Your Form 990, The Axelson Center for Nonprofit Management, North Park University, Chicago, IL, April 26, 2017, April 26, 2017
- Developing Your Organization's Planned Giving Approach, Part II, Chicago, IL, December 15, 2016
- Understanding the Importance of Financial Statements and Form 990, Legal Aid Conference, Chicago, IL, September 22, 2016
- Developing Your Organization's Planned Giving Approach, ORBA's Not-For-Profit Group, Chicago, IL, December 3, 2015
- Understanding Your Form 990, The Axelson Center for Nonprofit Management, North Park University, Chicago, IL, April 22, 2015
- CFO Roundtable: A Focus on Project Finance, Chicago, IL, February 19, 2015
- Ways for Charter Schools to Control and Reduce Health Insurance Costs, ORBA's Not-For-Profit Group and INCS, Chicago, Illinois, October 10, 2014
- Internal Controls and Best Practices for Charter Schools, INCS CFO Roundtable, Chicago, IL, March 27, 2014
- How to Successfully Prepare For Your Annual Not-For-Profit Audit, North Park University, Chicago, IL, December 4, 2013
- Understanding Your Financial Statements and Best Practices of Financial Oversight, INCS Conference, Chicago, IL, December 2, 2013