James G. Quaid, CPA
“We understand that our clients provide valuable services with limited resources. We work with our clients to help them ensure they succeed as they move forward.”
Jim is Chair of ORBA's Not-For-Profit Group and his experience includes providing auditing, accounting and tax services for not-for-profit organizations, including charter schools, social service agencies, associations, foundations, and civic and cultural organizations.
Jim’s experience enables him to advise his not-for-profit clients about new funding streams, the best course when looking to provide a new service or program, and effective ways to undertake strategic or operational changes.
Throughout his career, Jim has helped his clients address the needs of their various stakeholders, whether for an organization’s board, staff, donors, recipients, members, governmental or oversight agencies and the public at large.
Jim is also a frequent speaker on various subjects and is actively involved with various committees and associations dedicated to the not-for-profit industry.
Outside of the Office
Jim and his family spend much of their free time at swim meets, cheer competitions and Irish dance shows. The Quaid family also enjoys travelling to new destinations, as well as visiting various cultural institutions and attractions in and around Chicago. Jim enjoys coaching and just finished his third year coaching his youngest daughter’s recreational softball team.
Jim was profiled in the Fall 2016 edition of Accounting, the magazine of the Department of Accounting of the College of Business Administration at Marquette University. The Q&A feature showcased Jim’s interests outside of the office, the influential people in his life, and his special memory of attending Marquette University. The full article is available at this link, while the full issue of the Fall 2016 edition of Accounting can be accessed here.
- Accounting Advisory Board, Marquette University
Seminars & Events
- Changes to Not-For-Profit Financial Reporting, Chicago, IL, January 17, 2018
- Understanding Your Form 990, The Axelson Center for Nonprofit Management, North Park University, Chicago, IL, April 26, 2017, April 26, 2017
- Developing Your Organization's Planned Giving Approach, Part II, Chicago, IL, December 15, 2016
- Understanding the Importance of Financial Statements and Form 990, Legal Aid Conference, Chicago, IL, September 22, 2016
- Developing Your Organization's Planned Giving Approach, ORBA's Not-For-Profit Group, Chicago, IL, December 3, 2015
- Understanding Your Form 990, The Axelson Center for Nonprofit Management, North Park University, Chicago, IL, April 22, 2015
- CFO Roundtable: A Focus on Project Finance, Chicago, IL, February 19, 2015
- What Board Members Need to Know About Financial Statements, Chicago, IL, July 30, 2013
- Not-For-Profit Board Training: What Board Members Need to Know, Chicago, IL, January 16, 2013