August 6, 2012
ORBA Announces Seminar Focused on Form 990 for Not-For-Profit Organizations
CHICAGO — Ostrow Reisin Berk & Abrams, Ltd. (ORBA), one of Chicago’s largest accounting firms, will be hosting a seminar, Form 990: Who, What, When, Where and Why, on September 6 from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. CST, at the Gleacher Center in Chicago.
This seminar will cover the basics of completing the Form 990, including:
- Who are the users of Form 990 and how can my organization use it as a beneficial tool?
- What form is the correct one for my organization to file?
- When is the best time to collect information needed to file Form 990?
- Where does my information go?
- Why is it important to thoroughly prepare and review Form 990?
- And most importantly, how do I prepare Form 990? Speakers will provide a full page-by-page walk-through of Form 990 and its supporting schedules.
In addition to answering these questions, presenters will look at the past, present, and future of Form 990:
- A history of Form 990
- What's new for the 2011 Form 990
- Looking ahead with the IRS' view of the Form 990 and areas of interest going forward
This seminar will include hands-on, practical information and an opportunity to share your knowledge with your peers. Chief operating officers, chief financial officers, accountants, bookkeepers, outside accountants and anyone who is responsible for coordinating and facilitating a not-for-profit organization's year-end financial audit will benefit by attending this program.
This seminar will be held at the University of Chicago, Gleacher Center, Room 308, 450 North Cityfront Plaza Drive, Chicago, IL 60611. There is no charge to attend. Seats are limited. Please REGISTER on or before September 4. Participants are eligible to receive 1.0 hour of CPE Credit.
# # #
Ostrow Reisin Berk & Abrams, Ltd. (ORBA) is a full-service accounting, tax and business consulting firm located in downtown Chicago that serves privately-held companies, individuals and not-for-profit organizations. ORBA’s certified public accountants have experience with accounting and assurance, business advisory services, estate planning, financial planning, fraud investigation, tax, litigation, and mergers and acquisitions. With some of the highest levels of direct client involvement in the industry, ORBA is where clients go to build long-standing, meaningful and successful relationships with resourceful, proactive business and tax advisors. For more information, visit www.orba.com, subscribe to our blog www.orbablog.com or connect with us on LinkedIn.