SEMINARS & EVENTS
October 27, 2015
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Chicago Yacht Club
400 E. Monroe
Chicago, IL 60603
Important Financial Issues as You Age
Ostrow Reisin Berk & Abrams, Ltd. invites you to attend a seminar on October 27, 2015 where we will discuss the importance of organizing your finances and communicating information and desires today, in case death or disability strikes tomorrow.
You have spent a lifetime creating wealth. As you age, it is important to organize and communicate your financial situation so wealth is not lost or family members are not overwhelmed with locating assets or missing important payments if you are no longer able to handle your affairs.
At this seminar, we invite you to join us for an overview of:
- Organization techniques – Developing a filing system and saving important information while discarding unnecessary paper.
- Tracking receipts and bill payments so nothing is lost in transition if you are unable to be personally involved.
- Matching your lifestyle to financial status as you age.
- Developing and articulating an investment strategy so your assets continue to be managed as you desire if you are not able to make decisions personally.
- Coordinating your estate plan with your desires under the current law.
There is no charge to attend this program. Seats are limited. Please register on or before October 23.
11:30-12:00 p.m. Registration, Networking and Lunch Served
12:00-12:20 p.m. Organizing Your Life
In this session, we will discuss how to organize your legal documents, investment accounts and other financial information to create a roadmap for your advisors and love ones.
- Anecdotal examples
- Where is everything?
12:20-12:40 p.m. Lifestyle Planning
During the course of the presentation, we will show how active lifestyle planning can help meet both short and long term goals. Many clients want to retire at a certain age or have other goals in mind, but seldom are the necessary steps outlined and monitored. Today, we will talk about the following planning ideas:
- Understanding the Big Picture
- Net worth
- Income and expenses
- Goal-Based Planning vs. Cash Flow Planning
- Retirement planning
- Lifestyle analysis
- Implementation and Monitoring
12:40-1:10 p.m. Saving and Investing for Retirement
In this session, Steve will present a discussion on the most common questions clients ask about saving and investment for retirement:
- How does investment decision-making change when one retires?
- How should asset allocation change over time?
- When should you begin to take social security?
- Should you continue to fund retirement plans?
- Should you spend retirement funds or other savings first?
- The psychology of spending: Will I run out of money?
1:10-1:30 p.m. Estate Planning
Frank will discuss why having an estate plan in place is crucial. He will address:
- Planning for incapacity
- Avoiding probate
- Mitigating taxes
- Taking control of the distribution of your assets at death