SEMINARS & EVENTS
January 8, 2013
8:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
University of Chicago - Gleacher Center, Room 308
450 North Cityfront Plaza Dr.,
Chicago, IL 60611
What Restaurateurs Need to Know About Health Care Reform
ORBA's Restaurant Group invites you to a program just for restaurateurs that will help you navigate the unique callenges faced by the restaurant industry in regard to the Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act.
Topics to be discussed:
- An update on the current status of the Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act and pending legislation;
- Defining full and part time employees;
- The status of exchanges in Illinois;
- Implementation Timeline: Information about provisions that become effective in 2013 - 2018; and
- Insight into steps and analysis restaurateurs should be engaging in when reviewing their benefit programs for 2014.
In addition to the many rules that surround providing health insurance, we will review the following income tax related provisions included in the Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act.
- Medicare tax on investment income and tax planning ideas;
- Additional Medicare tax on wages; and
- Small employer health insurance credit.
Seats are limited. Please REGISTER before the end of the business day on January 7.
8:30 - 9:00 a.m.
Registration, Networking and Continental Breakfast
9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
10:05 - 10:30 a.m.
Exploring the Changes to Income Tax
Presentation by Robert Swenson
10:30 - 10:45 a.m.
Wrap-Up, Questions and Answers