ORBA is committed to implementing and promoting sustainability in our daily operations and the way we approach and meet our clients’ needs. At ORBA, we know that we must meet the needs of our community without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs by protecting and preserving our community and natural resources.
ORBA has established an internal Sustainability Committee to identify and implement sustainable office operations and practices. These sustainable practices include assessing our processes, practices and outcomes in order to develop and meet the following principles we have established for our firm:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable regulations and standard practices.
- To integrate sustainability processes and practices into our decision making.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimize the impact of all office activities on sustainability.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and where possible, to work with those who support our objectives.
- To review, annually report and continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
Goals & Objectives
In order to put these principles into action and to reduce our negative environmental impact as a firm and as individuals, ORBA has implemented and strives to:
- Establish goals and objectives to promote sustainability.
- Use resources – energy, fuel, water and materials – more efficiently and responsibly to minimize our environmental footprint.
- Review and communicate progress made toward achieving established goals and objectives annually.
2017 Annual Report
ORBA is pleased to report that the following practices have been implemented:
- Resigning of long-term lease in NBC Tower, a Leed™ Silver Certified building. The building’s Sustainability Policy can be viewed at http://www.nbc-tower.com.
- Reducing paper consumption as we move towards a paperless environment.
- Implemented a computerized file storage system reducing the need for paper files.
- Scanning many older files into a computerized storage system, eliminating the need for future physical storage space of paper materials and files.
- Installed energy efficient, automatic sensored lighting throughout the entire office space.
- Installed a water filtration system to avoid consumption of bottled water in the office.
- Providing reusable drinking tumblers to avoid paper and Styrofoam cup waste.
- Reuse or recycle paper, computers, printers, toner cartridges, computer supplies, and redundant equipment.
- Building an efficient computing platform, which includes cloud-based applications, where appropriate, and a client portal to reduce the need for sending paper documentation to and from clients.