Robert G. Swenson, CPA, MST
“Proper tax planning takes a team approach. I work with my clients throughout the year to achieve the best result.”
Rob has been with ORBA since 1996 and is a member of the firm's Tax Training and State and Local Tax Committees. Over the course of his career, he has gained extensive experience serving individuals, partnerships and privately-held corporations. His specialties include tax compliance, tax planning and consultations for owners and key executives. In addition, he represents taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service and state taxing authorities.
Rob helps clients devise strategies for exercising Incentive Stock Options, planning for Alternative Minimum Tax and minimizing state income taxes. Rob works closely with many law firms, professional corporations, professional athletes, restaurants and also with a wide variety of other industries.
Beyond continually developing his own skills so that he can best serve his clients, Rob passes along the knowledge he gains to others. As a member of ORBA's Tax Training and State and Local Tax Committees, he combs through pending legislation to be aware of tax issues before they become law. As he learns of tax updates, he shares them with clients and ORBA staff by creating tax alerts, blogs, authoring the ORBA Tax Connections newsletter and hosting tax training sessions each year for the entire firm. Rob goes the extra mile to make sure everyone he serves, firm or clients, receives relevant tax knowledge and support as soon as he becomes aware of new issues.
Outside of the Office
While Rob focuses on supporting the firm and clients while on the job, away from work, he spends time supporting his family. Whether it’s using his season tickets to Cubs games on a sunny summer day, building Lego masterpieces with his son or cheering on his alma mater, Rob enjoys being there for his wife, children and friends.
- "What Not-For-Profits Need to Know About the Affordable Care Act," ORBA Not-For-Profit Group Seminar, Chicago, December 5, 2013
- "What Restaurateurs Need to Know About Health Care Reform," ORBA Restaurant Group Seminar, Chicago, January 8, 2013
- "Where's the Tip Line? Pros and Cons of a No-Tip Policy," Law360, December 2, 2015
- Treasurer, Welles Park Parents Association
Seminars & Events
- How Manufacturers Can Drive, Measure and Capture Value, ORBA, Chicago, IL, January 29, 2015
- Making the Affordable Care Act Affordable for Your Company, Northbrook, IL, September 26, 2013